Civil Design Engineer Position
Location: Roswell, Ga 30075
Salary: Salary determined by level of experience.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides the civil design for land/site development projects related to the wireless telecommunications industry. Design efforts include: grading; storm water control calculations, plans, and permitting documents; sizing of culverts; and erosion and sediment control design/plan; layout structures and utilities.
- Performs design and permitting functions associated with applicable local, state, and/or federal erosion and sediment control regulations.
- Provides design functions associated with local, state, and/or federal storm-water (BMP) requirements for water quality.
- Provides design and grading for telecommunications site access roads and compounds.
- Provides design of retaining wall for projects as needed.
- Provides civil and land development design for small- to mid-sized projects.
- Coordinates and acts as liaison between AutoCAD drafters, designers, clients, subcontractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Assists with coordination and review of surveys prepared by subcontractors and potentially in-house crews.
- Provides quality control for construction drawings and other engineering deliverables.
- Provides engineering review and stamp of zoning drawings, construction drawings, and other engineering documents required by client.
- Performs other duties assigned by Director or Project Manager.
Training, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in civil engineering field, related to job responsibilities outlined for this position.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and display excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated/self-starter and have ability to work well with other team members.
- AutoCAD Proficiency is required.
- Civil 3D experience preferred.
- GSWCC Level II Design Professional Certification is preferred.
- E.I.T. required.
- P.E. registration in Georgia and/or other southeastern states is preferred.
- May require limited travel.