Structural/Project Engineer Position
Location: Roswell, Ga 30076
Duration: Full Time
Salary: Salary determined by level of experience.
Engineer wanted for a structural analyst/project management position. Preferred candidate would have an P.E. license, have a strong background in RISA 3-D, steel design/analysis, and AutoCAD, the ability to solve problems on their own and work independently. Job will include analysis and modification of steel non-building structures and concrete foundations in an industry that emphasizes quality and speed. Some drafting will be required. Working knowledge of building codes and standards (i.e. AISC, ACI 318) required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Perform structural analyses on existing tower structures to determine their structural capacity
· Review structural analyses performed by others for thoroughness, accuracy, and alignment with client standards and preferences
· Perform structural calculations on foundations of towers to determine their capacity
· Design tower modifications to reinforce tower structures, and their foundations.
· Coordinate the design with drafting to produce accurate detailed drawings for bidding and construction.
· Write professional engineering analysis reports, and review peer reports, to be submitted to local jurisdictions for permitting
· Build upon, improve, maintain, and create tools, including but not limited to spreadsheets, proficiency in excel and visual basic desired
· Communicate challenges, timelines, etc. to the client and other stake holders
· Stay current with standard changes effecting tower and communication structures and industry
· Utilize the company’s workflow process
· Aid in the training of new engineers
Education / Certificates:
· Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer, specializing in structures
· EIT required, preparing for or recently obtained a PE preferred
· 6-10 years of structural engineering experience, preferably in structural steel design, at least two years in telecom
· Risa 3D or similar FEA software, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of IBC, AISC, ACI 318, TIA-222 and other standards
· Strong sense of urgency and desire to meet client deadlines
· Excel, visual basic, quickbase proficiency desired
Keywords: Risa 3-D, TIA-222, AISC 360, BSCE, E.I.T., P.E.