Location: Roswell, Ga 30076
Salary: Hourly. Rate determined by level of experience.
We are seeking a full time CAD Designer with 3+ years’ experience. This role requires creating and/or updating construction Documents for various sites in the telecommunications industry. Construction Documents will include site plans, elevations, grounding plans, equipment layouts, etc for new site development, modifications, small cells and other communications deployments. Our CAD designers work closely with our engineering personnel to create accurate engineering packages for permitting and construction. A mastery of CAD and the ability to quickly adapt to new processes and to help train and lead others is a must.
The CAD Designer reports to the assigned A&E Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
· Create drawings to be reviewed and stamped by a PE.
· Work within defined QA/QC review process to ensure accuracy.
· Work with a team to create design deliverables from initial field survey to final construction drawing package.
· Create design deliverables that meet all local, state and federal codes and requirements.
· Read, interpret, and analyze drawings, field notes, as-builts, survey information, utility maps, etc
· Experience with time management, and ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
· Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions, and work well in a fast-paced environment
· Strong problem solving skills
· Work with cross functional groups to master process and clear obstacles to hit project and department
skills, Experience & Minimum Job Requirements:
· Associate degree in drafting or CAD or equivalent skill level and training is required.
· 3+ years of experience in general CAD drafting or training.
· Telecom Experience is a huge plus
· Experience using AutoCAD, 2018 Civil 3D a plus.
· Experience in AutoCAD, MicroStation, and/or other CAD software
· Knowledge of drafting practices, particularly industry drafting standards/practices
· Knowledge of Construction practices and terminology
· Develop and maintain CAD library of standard and typical details.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
· Comfort with Google Earth, GIS or other mapping applications.
· Aptitude for computer proficiency.
· Attention to detail, self-motivated and a team player.
· Willing to seek out other assignments or tasks that need to be completed.
· Ability to follow company CAD drafting standards and procedures. Consistently working to improve process and increase efficiency within the department
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
Desired but not required:
· Willingness to learn OCALC and other make ready engineering software
· Willingness to travel to client meetings as needed
· Telecommunications experience